Skip to main content

The thin line.

This content was created on the second of January 2026.

I've decided to journal about my life now, my lived experiences, claim back my identity.

Because for years now all I've been doing is floating. 2025 was a win, but it was all done on auto pilot. I was in my mind most of the time, stuck between the past, present and future, not sure which one to live in.

People don't talk about what comes next after you've used up your strength to the point where all you have left are fumes. Everything keeping you steady suddenly runs out and then you're left in limbo, surviving yes but never truly living.

You still get things done, still get called excellent but only you know what the voices say about you not yet living up to your potential. 

To understand where it all went wrong, first you need to go back to the beginning or rather the end, the time in your life when the camel's back broke.

Then retrace your steps, see how it influenced your choices, your habits, your friends or lack thereof.

If you're someone who thinks alot like me, you might have experienced this phase once or twice. The phase where you're burnt out and trying to get back your footing.

2026 is where we dust the cobwebs cluttering the rooms in our minds that still faintly calls and echoes to the surface, the plans we left denied and unfinished, songs we never sang again, projects we never started.

2026, is about finding yourself. The part of you you've silenced for far too long.
It's time you told yourself that it's time to exist and thrive again. 

Being hidden doesn't hold a candle to when you finally step back into the light.

It's time to cross the line and have dominion again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt 4: Gehenna

Prompt: Pick a name, a place, thing and an emotion and write a short horror story about it. Name: Silas. Place: Gehenna. Thing: A nail. Emotion: Grief. Dedicated to Peculiar Praise❤ ****** There was groaning, wailing and gnashing of teeth. At this point, he was too tired to scream. There was no sense of time here. He didn't know if he's spent a week here or a thousand years. There was no reprieve, no rest and worst of all, there was no water. His tongue had shrivelled up. His mouth felt like sandpaper. He was amid the red and yellow flames, enduring torture for the rest of eternity. The worst part about Gehenna is that you never forget your crimes, but you always remember them. That regret coupled with the toture was enough to make any man mad. Silas used to be a wealthy man, from a well-to-do family. As though that wasn't enough, in his greed he sought for powers beyond him, powers money couldn't buy and ended up signing several binding contracts. One...

THE LOOP

The future is where we belong. The past is gone. The present has been exiled in a time loop. And that is where I am. ~~~~~~~~ Past...present...future. I don't even know where I am anymore. I just, exist. I eat, drink, sleep but yet I'm not living. I'm alive but at the same time, I'm dead. I breathe air—oxygen, so why do I feel like I'm suffocating? Is anybody out there? If yes, save me... . . . . Kiara was on the floor sleeping, dreaming about what the day would hold. Would the rising sun bring something new or would it be the usual; work, work, work? You see the work was different for her. There were three things she did daily as a means of income; Wash, clean, sleep. Now the sleep ain't the same one y'all thinking. Kiara yawned the third time in three minutes and sat up. She lived in a small town where farmers grew their food to eat and sold the rest. She was an orphan which means that she had no one to provide, but ...

Better

 I find writing as a form of self expression. We see too much of what we want to change in today's world but sometimes , once in a while it's good to look around and see those things that are just perfect. The wind on your skin after exercise. Drinking a cool glass of water after a hot day. Listening to that song that you like. Live in the present, in the moment, and don't worry, God is faithful even if we're not. He'll make a way, he always has. God bless. . . . . Taiwolilly✌ Don't forget to subscribe and comment. It means a lot!☺