Skip to main content

Storm and Bliss

Inspired by a prompt given by my lovely kid sister ❤️❤️🤗🤗

 "In storm and bliss, I will be there."



These were your dying words to me, even as I stare at your coffin as they lower you into the dirt, the words echo in my subconscious.

"You lied." I sniffed.

You weren't there.

You weren't there for his birth, or when he took his first step. When he got his got his first bump on the head or when he needed you to hold him, you weren't there.

His first word was "Dada", I cried and cried that day; how you seem to be the first one he called but you weren't there to gloat to me about it or to say how proud you were of him.

You shouldn't have promised Dave, you really shouldn't have.

You're not here. But you could have been.

I told you not to go, but you couldn't bear seeing someone else get hurt, and that was what I loved about you, always so selfless, but it was also what got you killed.

But even though you're not here, I can still feel you, your loving arms around me, your smell—it never left.

I've spent the blissful parts with you Dave, I just never expected to go through the storm without you.

Forever yours,

Roseline.
°
°
°
°
°
I hope you enjoy it, comment your thoughts below.😁😁
Please help share my work too, it means a lot. Love you.
Comment❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 HOURS

A Short Flash Fiction, where a man sold his soul to the devil in return for his mother's life. ENJOY! * * * I could barely breathe with the dirty horse sack over my head. I was panting as I tried figuring out where they were taking me. I wasn't wearing any shoes, so I felt every sharp pinch of the rocks against my feet. "Where are you taking me?" I managed to grit out but my words came out incoherent against the dirty rag rubbing me in the face. Finally, we stopped and I was brought to my knees by a rough kick to my legs. "Welcome, Bill." A voice said to my left. The sack was taken off me and I saw my fellow co-worker at the local Wall-mart. "Mike?" I looked around me and saw the two men that had led me here. They weren't any people I knew. I looked around; it seemed like a basement of some kind. They kept some wine bottles in cribs on the wall. We were in a wine cellar. "What was so special about this place that you had to gag me and cove

The Coconut

Brown on the outside but white on the inside. Brown signifies dirt, even more than this is the texture that the coconut bears. It is hard and almost impossible to break without an external force. There is nothing appealing about the appearance of a coconut, but on the inside... On the inside is sweetness, pureness and softness. One entity and yet different from two perspective. A person may seem very hard on the surface, by your standards a very tough wild human being, but he feels too just like you do. In fact, he might be softer than what most might think. Have you ever thought about why he does the things he does, why he's arrogant and acts out? Maybe more than an over inflated ego is a softness, a sore part he's trying to hide. The key is understanding people though it's not always easy, 'cause you need patience and love; two very scarce things these days. I'm not excusing them but I just think, there is a reason for eve

THE EXPERIMENT

He lost his wife and daughter and now he had no one. ° ° ° ° Where am I? My head felt heavy as though I'd been hit with a hammer. My body was hot and I was struggling against someone. I heard voices but they were fading in and out just like I was. In my haze, I saw a man wearing a nose mask and a pair of surgical gloves. "Who are you?" I managed to mumble. My throat felt so raw, it felt like I'd been thirsty for days. "He's awake! Get me Dr Sullivan." The man screamed. I was on the bed and directly above me was a large fluorescent light that was starting to hurt my eyes. "Who are you? Where am I?!" "Get me the anesthetic. Quickly! He doesn't need to be awake for this." The man I assumed to be the Doctor barked at a trembling nurse. My heart felt like it weighed a tonne and my heart was beating so hard against my chest I thought it'd leap out through my throat. Within seconds, I was injected w