Skip to main content

Come out of your comfort zone.

_Come out of your comfort zone_



Our back bones are breaking,

And our smiles are cracked.

How hard it is to walk in the path of success.

With boulders strapped to our backs, we climb the crooked mountain of prosperity.

We tell ourselves, it'll be worth it. We can't remain where we are. We gotta keep moving.

We look behind us—our past.

Life is not a bed of roses in any way.

This mountain before us is dark and cynical.

Its rough paths makes our toes cry for mercy.

But we turn a deaf ear to their pleas,

Not a stance of peace or rest.

We gotta keep moving.

But the strength of a few steps is all we have left.

We are weary to move on.

Our fortune, our success, our wealth and honour. We see them just at the pinnacle of the jagged mountain,

Laughing at us, teasing us.

Is this it, for us?

Do we make it?

But His voice again do I hear,

"Move my child, your reward awaits you."

We're unstoppable like a Ferrari without brakes,

_I'm the voice inside my head speaking positivity to my being._

We're invincible,

And our coming out shall be known.

We shall look up again.

And His smile shall be bestowed upon us.

Our bones are broken, but yet-

Our mobility is rest assured in Him .



Look up brothers, sisters...

Do you see Him, our strength?



Collab by: Idowu Taiwo(Taiwolilly) and Praise Kenneth(LTPC).

.

.

.

.

A/N: So yes! This is another post! 🤗❤This is a collab done with my sister from another mother. It shows the struggles we encounter on our way to success. Though it's not an easy road, we thank God for His presence and strength, only with Him can we move further.

Let me hear your thoughts below, have you ever felt so disappointed you just wanted to give up??? What changed your mind??

Comments

  1. This is beautiful sister, will wish to do more collaboration with you.❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to more duets with you❤🌸🤗

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful piece. Very real, it paints the picture beautifully, and also inspires hope. Thanks Taiwo. I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'In The Last Days'

Hi guys! It's me again. I'll be giving a detailed synopsis of my first book, 'In The Last Days'. I mean, It's been so long overdue 🙈 Rose is a seventeen years old girl who found light in the midst of darkness. She lost her father at the age of fifteen and things haven't been the same ever since. And she noticed something— People always seemed to leave her. Her father left, Brenda left and her mother though present physically hasn't paid attention in a long time. Rose promised herself that she would make it out of high school even if it would be alone. Junior year, she made up her mind to make the most of it, laying low. Rose felt immensely alone until she saw a yellow note lying on the floor with just four words written on it—a kitten had brought it. 'Your Worries Are Known' and strangely, those words had comforted her and that was the night her life changed forever. At school, met someone that would come to mean more— Michael Wh...

THE LOOP

The future is where we belong. The past is gone. The present has been exiled in a time loop. And that is where I am. ~~~~~~~~ Past...present...future. I don't even know where I am anymore. I just, exist. I eat, drink, sleep but yet I'm not living. I'm alive but at the same time, I'm dead. I breathe air—oxygen, so why do I feel like I'm suffocating? Is anybody out there? If yes, save me... . . . . Kiara was on the floor sleeping, dreaming about what the day would hold. Would the rising sun bring something new or would it be the usual; work, work, work? You see the work was different for her. There were three things she did daily as a means of income; Wash, clean, sleep. Now the sleep ain't the same one y'all thinking. Kiara yawned the third time in three minutes and sat up. She lived in a small town where farmers grew their food to eat and sold the rest. She was an orphan which means that she had no one to provide, but ...

The Truth

The room was dark. It could easily have been called a conference room. It had everything a conference room could have—chairs arranged around the huge center table along with huge flat screen Tvs lining up the wall in front of them. But there was something omnious, almost evil about it. This wasn't a usual gathering to discuss sales or business plans, this is where the would be fate of the world would be discussed—in less than two minutes. CEOs of different conglomerates of the world trooped in one by one. Some very public figures and very wealthy men were also in attendance. Men and women of different races sat round the table, until finally, only one seat was left. As soon as he entered, every man and woman stood up and bowed. They began to hail him.  ********* "Come on Honey, it's time to go. We're leaving." Her Dad said as he helped her with her remaining luggage. "Why do we have to go Dad? I love it here....