Skip to main content

A friend in an unlikely place.

Dedicated to Ajibola🌼



 Quiet, modest, reserved– these are the words I would use to describe you. 

We've known each other for five years,

I remembered the first time I got to know you.

It was at camp, at an hostel. It was a popular story building having a wide spaced compound. There were about four identical structures in that building. I had gone over there to see a mutual friend, and fellow departmental mate. 

It was morning, my sister and I were both sitting outside, by a pole of some sort admiring the sky. 

We were so surprised to see you but it was a pleasant surprise. We didn't know we would get to meet anyone else we knew here. 

I think you even greeted us first. 

You were different from what I had originally thought. This was around 200l.

As opposed to being someone who liked to keep to themselves, you were easy to talk to. For the first time, I asked for your name and you told me,

AJIBOLA. 


I later got to know that other people know you by a different name. It made me wonder a lot of times if I was the one who kept forgetting your name. 😂

Since then I've had a positive outlook about you and always respected your input in things. I saw you as a friend from that day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Coconut

Brown on the outside but white on the inside. Brown signifies dirt, even more than this is the texture that the coconut bears. It is hard and almost impossible to break without an external force. There is nothing appealing about the appearance of a coconut, but on the inside... On the inside is sweetness, pureness and softness. One entity and yet different from two perspective. A person may seem very hard on the surface, by your standards a very tough wild human being, but he feels too just like you do. In fact, he might be softer than what most might think. Have you ever thought about why he does the things he does, why he's arrogant and acts out? Maybe more than an over inflated ego is a softness, a sore part he's trying to hide. The key is understanding people though it's not always easy, 'cause you need patience and love; two very scarce things these days. I'm not excusing them but I just think, there is a reason for eve...

Billy

~Your dreams begin to leak into reality. You're afraid to sleep because you're not in control and he wants out~ Dissociative Identity Disorder, that was what they called it. A disorder characterized with the presence of two or more distinct personality traits. One man, different identities. Most people thought he was crazy, he didn't deny it because as a matter of fact he was. They said he was unstable and he didn't blame them because, truthfully, he was. They told him that he was a danger to himself and others, hence why he was locked him up in a mental institution. He didn't blame them. Truthfully, that was where he belonged. It all started when he was twelve. He'd zoned out in class one day after a bully had messed with him. It'd been going on for a long while now and suddenly Ralph had snapped. All he had seen was black and red.  He came to five minutes later with two busted fists.  Though he hadn't understood the events leading up to him regaining c...

Come out of your comfort zone.

_Come out of your comfort zone_ Our back bones are breaking, And our smiles are cracked. How hard it is to walk in the path of success. With boulders strapped to our backs, we climb the crooked mountain of prosperity. We tell ourselves, it'll be worth it. We can't remain where we are. We gotta keep moving. We look behind us—our past. Life is not a bed of roses in any way. This mountain before us is dark and cynical. Its rough paths makes our toes cry for mercy. But we turn a deaf ear to their pleas, Not a stance of peace or rest. We gotta keep moving. But the strength of a few steps is all we have left. We are weary to move on. Our fortune, our success, our wealth and honour. We see them just at the pinnacle of the jagged mountain, Laughing at us, teasing us. Is this it, for us? Do we make it? But His voice again do I hear, "Move my child, your reward awaits you." We're unstoppable like a Ferrari without brakes, _I...