Skip to main content

A friend in an unlikely place.

Dedicated to Ajibola🌼



 Quiet, modest, reserved– these are the words I would use to describe you. 

We've known each other for five years,

I remembered the first time I got to know you.

It was at camp, at an hostel. It was a popular story building having a wide spaced compound. There were about four identical structures in that building. I had gone over there to see a mutual friend, and fellow departmental mate. 

It was morning, my sister and I were both sitting outside, by a pole of some sort admiring the sky. 

We were so surprised to see you but it was a pleasant surprise. We didn't know we would get to meet anyone else we knew here. 

I think you even greeted us first. 

You were different from what I had originally thought. This was around 200l.

As opposed to being someone who liked to keep to themselves, you were easy to talk to. For the first time, I asked for your name and you told me,

AJIBOLA. 


I later got to know that other people know you by a different name. It made me wonder a lot of times if I was the one who kept forgetting your name. 😂

Since then I've had a positive outlook about you and always respected your input in things. I saw you as a friend from that day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOLD

I'm looking for gold. Barefoot and hungry I wandered through the forest. My hands brushed roughly against tree trunks and shrubs as I leaned against them for support. I was tired, it's been two days. But I'd made a promise, I wouldn't leave without my gold. I could feel goosebumps rising up my body as the cold air clung jealously to my skin. 'I've lost him,' I thought looking back. Good. No one was going to share in my gold. Gold was all I needed in this world. I heard shuffling in the bushes nearby. I gasped turning around, arms and legs battle ready. "Who's there?" I silently cursed myself for sounding so shaky. There was no response. I tensed up. 'My gold,' I thought, 'my precious gold.' As I took a step towards the overgrown bushes, my lungs in my throat, out of nowhere an arrow flew right past me, missing my head by a few inches. I gasped, eyes wide. I turned around and made a run for it.

Billy

~Your dreams begin to leak into reality. You're afraid to sleep because you're not in control and he wants out~ Dissociative Identity Disorder, that was what they called it. A disorder characterized with the presence of two or more distinct personality traits. One man, different identities. Most people thought he was crazy, he didn't deny it because as a matter of fact he was. They said he was unstable and he didn't blame them because, truthfully, he was. They told him that he was a danger to himself and others, hence why he was locked him up in a mental institution. He didn't blame them. Truthfully, that was where he belonged. It all started when he was twelve. He'd zoned out in class one day after a bully had messed with him. It'd been going on for a long while now and suddenly Ralph had snapped. All he had seen was black and red.  He came to five minutes later with two busted fists.  Though he hadn't understood the events leading up to him regaining c