Skip to main content

The Forbidden Fruit

 There is evil in this world, evil that has become inscribed unto every soul.


We see it in people around us, we see it in ourselves—in hasty decisions, in disobedience, in hatred, in jealousy, in selfishness— it's everywhere, it's become a disease, and no one wants a cure.


People like the taste of the apple, they crave the sweet nectar of sin.


It's forbidden, that's why it's so delicious.


But they don't know it's death, as it goes smoothly down the throat, to the stomach, wreaking havoc to the system—sweet to the tongue but bitter to the stomach.


We're all drunk, drunk with filth, drunk with sin, drunk with death.


We like how it calls us, we fade away and willingly enter her lap, sin.


She's seductive, an enchantress, you won't realise until you're caught in her net.


Only one person I know that is strong enough to overcome her, only one blood.


She runs from his light, she runs from the taste of his blood.


"Go away!" She screams, "leave them to me!"


But he shakes his head, "No, there's still time, we still have a little bit more time."


Enraged she runs from him because she'd lost.


But there in her cave she waits, calling to whoever would listen, to whoever is bare of her enemy's blood, to whisk them away into her grimy dungeon.


"Come, son of man, I have what you want, "


She gives, but what she gives is nothing compared to what she takes. 


Flee, son of man, flee.


The only thing she'll give, is death.

.

.

.

.

Run from her, she waits for the unsuspecting. Flee I say, flee.


It's me again, Taiwolilly, please don't leave before telling me what you think in the comment section down below and if you haven't subscribed already, I mean, what are you waiting for?!😁

Click it😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt 1: Mykonos

Prompt: Pick a name, a place, thing and an emotion and write a short horror story about it. Name: Lauren Place: Mykonos A thing: Plier Emotion: Confused/Happy (pick any) Dedicated to Monijesu (Phaserprime) ****** She was gone and it's been two days. It's been two days of gut-wrenching anxiety and dread. The usual lively island was gloomy, giving it a rather tense atmosphere. Everybody knew everybody here, that was why when news of the cheery thirty-year-old fashion designer went missing, the whole island panicked. Mykonos was a small Greek island known for its Cycladic structures that often reminded people of the bronze ages. Mykonos was a summer house for the rich, the top percent of the population, a place to relax for vacations or just to get away from all the tension of the busy life that only the rich could relate to. Usually, it wasn't hard to move around here, usually you took a casual walk around town without having to worry about getting stabbed or shot...

A friend in an unlikely place.

Dedicated to Ajibola🌼  Quiet, modest, reserved– these are the words I would use to describe you.  We've known each other for five years, I remembered the first time I got to know you. It was at camp, at an hostel. It was a popular story building having a wide spaced compound. There were about four identical structures in that building. I had gone over there to see a mutual friend, and fellow departmental mate.  It was morning, my sister and I were both sitting outside, by a pole of some sort admiring the sky.  We were so surprised to see you but it was a pleasant surprise. We didn't know we would get to meet anyone else we knew here.  I think you even greeted us first.  You were different from what I had originally thought. This was around 200l. As opposed to being someone who liked to keep to themselves, you were easy to talk to. For the first time, I asked for your name and you told me, AJIBOLA.  I later got to know that other people know you by a d...

MADE

 Let the rivers of living waters flow and wash it away; wash anxiety, depression, sorrow, darkness. Let us be illuminated by the light of your countenance. The tightness in our chest let it be relieved as we sing your songs and dance your dance. To the one who made humans, to the one who is patient despite our failings to the one person who will never discard us I appreciate, honour and adore. Our lives will have meaning because you are in it. And before we were made, you knew us. As we were secretly woven, piece by piece, hair by hair. You know us each by name. A marvel and a wonder. Let the voices cease, the ones in our heads that deceives us till there's only you. Because your thoughts for our lives are good and not evil to give us a hope and an expected end. For in the image of the great King were we created and so for that reason, I am wonderfully, gloriously and fearfully made. . . . Taiwolilly🌸 Please comment your thoughts down below and subscribe! ❤