Skip to main content

HER

 She was the one. He could see it, touch it and could very well feel it.

She was asleep now, in his arms. It was worth it, staying in bed with her like this. It still amazed him.

She'd picked him out of every guy out there.

This wonderful human chose _him_ to spend the rest of her life with.

It was love at first sight. 

They'd met in college.

She was new to the school, a foreigner and she'd left him utterly breatheles.

As usual he was bored in class until she came in through the door. They were having a general subject.

Time stopped in that moment. He saw their past, present and future all in that one gaze.

She was the one. But why would anyone, especially her, choose him? He'd asked this over and over again.

She seemed like an angel always smiling, she was passionate and was also majoring in medicine. He majored in aeronautics with a minor in arts.

He was the silent type, and she was too but somehow she'd gotten him to speak, something he rarely did.

Her soft smile always called to him and when he'd one day overheard her love for drawing, his interest had piqued immediately.

She loved art too.

That was when be started a secret painting of her. He'd promised himself that he would get to know her first before finishing the painting.

He did finish the painting.

He'd made friends with her and she did something that no one had been able to make him do in the last twenty years, he spoke about his trauma.

She was so careful, like he was a baby, hardly could he look away as she caressed his cheeks and hair.

He knew his eyes changed with his emotions and seeing the marvel in her own he knew the blue orbs were having a field day.

For the first time he was completely vulnerable with someone, for the first time since _that_ day he let someone in and she became the love of his life. Then they got married. That was twelve hours ago. 

He hadn't been with anyone before and he was thrilled to find out that he was her first as well.

With the eagerness of a novice pilot, he made love to his wife for the first time.

Since he was a genius and picked things up pretty quick he was practically a pro by the third round. Now in bed together, he thought about their future together and when he thought about their kids, a bright smile would spread across his face.

Tyler exhaled. At this very moment when the smell of rain filled the atmosphere and the rays of the morning sun dimmed, he didn't want to be anywhere else.

She was still asleep but he could watch her for hours.

Her curves couldn't be hid under the soft thin satin cover tantalising him once again.

He was glad he'd waited. He was someone who believed in soul mates and believed that only person deserved all that he had to give. And it was her.

He kissed her cheek and her eyes fluttered opened. The sun hit her eyes just at the right angle and his breath left him.

He had dark hair and light blue eyes that nearly seemed colourless. She had brown hair, brown skin and brown eyes—his very own queen.

"It's time to get up. We have a lot to do today—it being our honey moon and all." His lips burrowed into her neck and trailed kisses there.

He knew she was ticklish and anticipated the squeal.

"Tyler stop!" 

"The tour guide will be here any minute." He continued to tickle her until she was flat on her back and he on top of her.

Realising their position, she blushed. He leaned down and whispered in her ear, 

"Have I told you just how sexy you look in the morning?" Her face went from tomatoe red to chilli red.

There was a knock on the door. Tyler sighed.

"Who is it?" He yelled at the door.

"It's room service." 

"Hold on, I'll be right there."

He heard a chuckle and looked down at the woman in his arms.

"You better go." He felt that feeling in his chest again. The feeling only she had been able to incite in him.

"I love you Sara." He whispered.

"I love you too, husband." Tyler's cheek warmed at that. He got off the bed, wore some pants and headed to the door.

He opened the door but found no one in the hallway not even the trolley.

They were in Miami. Tyler's family had reserved the suite for their honeymoon. Tyler was the heir to an European royal family as was she.

"Hello?"

He looked both ways and still saw nobody.

Strange. Tyler shrugged. Maybe they lost patience?

By the time he'd turned back to bed, Sara was already up and was heading to the bathroom.

He wasn't one to believe in superstitions but they've always said that crows signified bad luck and he was seeing one now, right in the hallway.

"What the—"

It was walking funny but he supposed all crows 'walked' that way. Tyler looked to his left and saw a baseball bat. He took it and walked out the hall. He was shirtless and was wearing only shorts and what a fine specimen of a man he was.

The crow should have been scared like any regular old crow but his one wasn't normal.

How he knew?

It had only one wing and one eye.

It cawed at him and craned its neck.

Tyler muttered some prayers under his breath and exhaled.

He wasn't the type to get easily scared and he owed that to his wife.

She was as bold and as brave as a lion despite having the physical appearance of a dove, it was one of the things that drew him in. She was an enigma he was enjoying figuring out.

With one hit to the head, the crow died and gave up the ghost.

"Room service." He yelled.

No answer.

"What's the matter Ty?"

He walked back to their room, the baseball bat stained in obvious blood.

"Is that blood?"

"Yeah, can you believe it, I saw a crow just now but no waiter." He said breezily.

"A crow, you sure, in the hotel?"

Sara was ready dressed though her hair was still a bit wet.

"Come on, we'll figure that out later." Sara ushered him in and pushed him towards the bathroom.

"Care to join me?" He knew she'd say no, but a man can try his luck.

She stuck her tongue out.

"No."

Tyler chuckled and went on in, the thought of the dead crow far from his mind.

Twenty minutes later they were both downstairs for breakfast.

The hotel was five star but he wondered how a crow had managed to get in at that point.

It bothered him, a lot.

What was even more weird was the fact that it was gone by the time they left the room. No blood, no nothing.

It was raining now and they could enjoy it in a secluded veranda.

There was a ceiling to floor glass window directly in front of them. It was the same crow. It looked fine asides the broken limb and missing eye.

Tyler shooed it away but this time it refused to budge.

"What's wrong honey?" Sara hadn't noticed the crow, it flew away before she could see it. Was it following him by any chance?

"It's the crow, I saw it again."

Sara stepped forward and looked into the distance, into the rain.

"Where?"

"It just left."

"We need to report it to the manager." 

"Yes, you're right." Sara held Tyler's hand.

Sarah looked at her husband, he was beautiful and she fell in love again each day because of his kindness and the love he showed to her but they weren't recently married couples. 

They've been married for ten years. 

They came to the hotel every year because he kept forgetting.

But the crow wasn't real and neither was she.

.

.

.

Taiwolilly. 

I hope you enjoyed this short fiction. Let me know what you think in the comment section down below. Don't forget to subscribe!!😇❤



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

24 HOURS

A Short Flash Fiction, where a man sold his soul to the devil in return for his mother's life. ENJOY! * * * I could barely breathe with the dirty horse sack over my head. I was panting as I tried figuring out where they were taking me. I wasn't wearing any shoes, so I felt every sharp pinch of the rocks against my feet. "Where are you taking me?" I managed to grit out but my words came out incoherent against the dirty rag rubbing me in the face. Finally, we stopped and I was brought to my knees by a rough kick to my legs. "Welcome, Bill." A voice said to my left. The sack was taken off me and I saw my fellow co-worker at the local Wall-mart. "Mike?" I looked around me and saw the two men that had led me here. They weren't any people I knew. I looked around; it seemed like a basement of some kind. They kept some wine bottles in cribs on the wall. We were in a wine cellar. "What was so special about this place that you had to gag me and cove

THE EXPERIMENT

He lost his wife and daughter and now he had no one. ° ° ° ° Where am I? My head felt heavy as though I'd been hit with a hammer. My body was hot and I was struggling against someone. I heard voices but they were fading in and out just like I was. In my haze, I saw a man wearing a nose mask and a pair of surgical gloves. "Who are you?" I managed to mumble. My throat felt so raw, it felt like I'd been thirsty for days. "He's awake! Get me Dr Sullivan." The man screamed. I was on the bed and directly above me was a large fluorescent light that was starting to hurt my eyes. "Who are you? Where am I?!" "Get me the anesthetic. Quickly! He doesn't need to be awake for this." The man I assumed to be the Doctor barked at a trembling nurse. My heart felt like it weighed a tonne and my heart was beating so hard against my chest I thought it'd leap out through my throat. Within seconds, I was injected w

Billy

~Your dreams begin to leak into reality. You're afraid to sleep because you're not in control and he wants out~ Dissociative Identity Disorder, that was what they called it. A disorder characterized with the presence of two or more distinct personality traits. One man, different identities. Most people thought he was crazy, he didn't deny it because as a matter of fact he was. They said he was unstable and he didn't blame them because, truthfully, he was. They told him that he was a danger to himself and others, hence why he was locked him up in a mental institution. He didn't blame them. Truthfully, that was where he belonged. It all started when he was twelve. He'd zoned out in class one day after a bully had messed with him. It'd been going on for a long while now and suddenly Ralph had snapped. All he had seen was black and red.  He came to five minutes later with two busted fists.  Though he hadn't understood the events leading up to him regaining c