Skip to main content

Prompt 1: Mykonos

Prompt: Pick a name, a place, thing and an emotion and write a short horror story about it.


Name: Lauren

Place: Mykonos

A thing: Plier

Emotion: Confused/Happy (pick any)

Dedicated to Monijesu (Phaserprime)


******



She was gone and it's been two days. It's been two days of gut-wrenching anxiety and dread.

The usual lively island was gloomy, giving it a rather tense atmosphere.

Everybody knew everybody here, that was why when news of the cheery thirty-year-old fashion designer went missing, the whole island panicked.

Mykonos was a small Greek island known for its Cycladic structures that often reminded people of the bronze ages.

Mykonos was a summer house for the rich, the top percent of the population, a place to relax for vacations or just to get away from all the tension of the busy life that only the rich could relate to.

Usually, it wasn't hard to move around here, usually you took a casual walk around town without having to worry about getting stabbed or shot.

The usually bombastic atmosphere of the nightlife was soon replaced with an eery feeling of death and premonitions. Even the locals could feel it.

The usual colourful alleyways quickly resembled the lair of a killer.

Usually, the whitewashed buildings gave the place an ethereal almost heavenly feel but now all anyone could feel was fear rather than tranquillity.

What was found at the site of the crime scene made a woman faint when she stumbled upon it. It was blood, lots and lots of it.

It was doubtful anyone could have survived trauma that lethal. 

Nothing else had been left at the crime scene. The perpetrator had left no trace.

A place that was once a little piece of Eden quickly became the grounds for a horror story.

Mykonos was a place where the rich spend their weekend, a place to make mistakes and to keep them buried.

But mistakes weren't the only things buried there, they would soon find.

Laura was missing and nobody knew where she was. She was last seen at a pool party at Paradise.

Laura had wanted a break too. That was why they all came here, Laura wanted to forget.

They were all a group of five friends.

That was until Laura's fiance died. Being good friends, John and Matt— Laura's friends since childhood— wanted her to get her away from it all.

Her fiance's death had been caused by a hit-and-run but like now nothing had been left at the crime scene. Not even a lock of hair to help find the perpetrator.

Her wedding had been only a week away.

The sound of utensils hitting the rich carpet floor resounded into the tense night.

"Laura..."

Typical of a rich lodging, the flat was spacious, the balcony had a nice view of the beach, and the room also had all the wine you could drink and a lush Jacuzzi.

Bottles of wine lay empty at John's feet.

John pulled the hair on his head as though he was about to go insane.

He seemed to be under the influence.

"She's gone," his breathing was heavy and shaky.

"She was right there. I had her in my arms, I h-"

"You what?" The deep brown doors to the lavishly decorated room opened. You could get one of these rooms for a whopping $20k a night.

They had reported the case to the local police a day ago but nothing had been done about it, they were useless but Mykonos was a peaceful place and hardly any crime happened there.

But this happened and no one was going home until they found her.

Everyone was rich. Each had the comfort of their lodgings to retire to until the curfew was over.

John was the heir to a multi-million Pharmaceutical company. Matt was the only son of a business tycoon that owned the fastest automobile company in the world. Joanne also studied Fashion and got her degree at Harvard. She was Laura's only female friend.

Laura had met both Jack and Joanne back in college but she's known Matt and John since she could crawl.

Losing Jack had nearly made Laura lose all her will to live.

John had convinced her to take the trip, he had done it to save her from going crazy. But now she was gone.

Matt was staring at John like he had gone insane.

"I told you we shouldn't have come here, but you insisted. I told you!"

"Joanne's in the other room. You'll wake her," John rambled on. Matt ignored him.

"With Jack dead you couldn't wait to shoot your shot could you!"

Matt couldn't calm down, he was pacing the length of the room.

Now that he thought about it, John was the last person to see her alive.

John was on the floor resting his head on the bed. He seemed delirious. Matt knew he was drunk.

"...oved her firs.."

Matt couldn't hear what he was saying.

"I loved her first, before even you," he slurred his words.

John's hazel eyes met Matt's blue ones.

His eyes were bloodshot. That was when Matt noticed he was fiddling with something in his hands.

"She wouldn't let me t-take the ring,"

"He's dead. Jack's already...dead. Why wouldn't she take it off?"

Matt's eyes could not believe what he was seeing. On the white carpet, which was now red was a human finger and still on it was an engagement ring.

"I loved her," he held a hand to his face as he sobbed, "She was the only thing good in my life."

"When our parents fought, she was always there. Why did he have to come between us?"

Matt was already looking for an escape. He didn't want to make any sudden moves.

John was the killer.

Come to think of it, it was John that saw Laura last. He was the one who reported her missing, telling them how he had just seen her. 

What everyone didn't know was that John had been talking to Laura in the private pool overseeing the beach.

Paradise was located on a hilltop that gave you an amazing view of the island.

The pool was just by the edge of the cliff.

Matt's eyes clouded over. Did he push her?

"Did you kill her?"

The tears were nearly spilling. Although a very cold and seemingly unfeeling guy, he had also loved Laura but had never been outspoken about his feelings for her but John knew.

"Where is she? Where is Laura?!"

"The plier was just sitting there. She had brought it with her. I didn't know what to do, I just wanted the ring off."

Images of how he had saved her from killing herself weeks ago before the trip flashed before his eyes.

"She had wanted to kill herself before, did you know that?" he stood up groggily with the plier in hand.

"I had gone to her apartment for a visit. She'd wanted to hang herself."

"He was an architect you know. Apparently, this plier was the last thing she bought him."

"She'd bought it to complete his toolbox set."

"She had stabbed herself, her hands, her wrists, her fingers with this while sobbing his name by the pool." John choked.

"By the time I was able to pry the tool away from her, she, s-she had already...clipped her finger off."

"'You wanted it off', she said."

"I did, but not like that."

He was holding the plier, the finger and the ring.

"I hadn't wanted her to get hurt."

"I was panicking, she was bleeding all over. I kept telling her I was sorry. I kept telling her how much I loved her."

"I didn't know she was already so close to the edge of the cliff."

John looked at Matt with despair,

"She told me she loved me back, t-then she jumped."

.

.

.

Taiwolilly♥

Please drop a comment/ review🥺

Also, subscribe for part two of the prompt!🥰


Comments

  1. This was beautifully sad. Interesting story. I love the plot twist towards the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Coconut

Brown on the outside but white on the inside. Brown signifies dirt, even more than this is the texture that the coconut bears. It is hard and almost impossible to break without an external force. There is nothing appealing about the appearance of a coconut, but on the inside... On the inside is sweetness, pureness and softness. One entity and yet different from two perspective. A person may seem very hard on the surface, by your standards a very tough wild human being, but he feels too just like you do. In fact, he might be softer than what most might think. Have you ever thought about why he does the things he does, why he's arrogant and acts out? Maybe more than an over inflated ego is a softness, a sore part he's trying to hide. The key is understanding people though it's not always easy, 'cause you need patience and love; two very scarce things these days. I'm not excusing them but I just think, there is a reason for eve

24 HOURS

A Short Flash Fiction, where a man sold his soul to the devil in return for his mother's life. ENJOY! * * * I could barely breathe with the dirty horse sack over my head. I was panting as I tried figuring out where they were taking me. I wasn't wearing any shoes, so I felt every sharp pinch of the rocks against my feet. "Where are you taking me?" I managed to grit out but my words came out incoherent against the dirty rag rubbing me in the face. Finally, we stopped and I was brought to my knees by a rough kick to my legs. "Welcome, Bill." A voice said to my left. The sack was taken off me and I saw my fellow co-worker at the local Wall-mart. "Mike?" I looked around me and saw the two men that had led me here. They weren't any people I knew. I looked around; it seemed like a basement of some kind. They kept some wine bottles in cribs on the wall. We were in a wine cellar. "What was so special about this place that you had to gag me and cove

Hi😉

My name is Idowu Taiwo, I'm Nigerian and this is my first blog ever created. Whoo hoo!!😁 Where to start, Oh the pressure!😬 I'm a lot of things: I'm a lover of God, a content creator, a beginner in Digital Marketing (hopefully that'll change soon😁), a photographer, an aspiring author( I actually have written two books). Yay🌼 I also sing together with my sister.🤗 I love reading, I'm actually still an undergraduate and I love the learning experience—come and fight me.🙃 Just joking though, I don't have a fighting bone in my body.😅 I'm a huge movie buff, I love cartoons and I'm a huge advocate of love, true unadulterated love. I'm a calm and collected person who believes in the power of light over darkness. And that's why I do what I do—to spread a little bit of light however way that I can.  I look forward to meeting my lovely viewers and I hope you are too. Good bye! Oh, a kiss before I go yonder. Muah!😘