Skip to main content

All the bright places




Words from a lilly.

I know of someone who says that this world isn't balanced. And I agree.

Some struggle to survive while some don't.

Some labour all day long but never have enough and some make money even while asleep. 

'Why is life like this?' you ask.

Well, all stars shine but the brightness of each one differs, even though they are all 'stars'.

All fingers are not equal. Everyone just can't be the same, but that doesn't mean you can't grow.

A gate man today can become the CEO of a renown business tomorrow. The ones mocked today can become the one celebrated in the future.

Life can be messy, so so messy but life can also be beautiful.

Can someone broken be mended? Can a person's broken mind be healed? Can we find our peace despite our tears, can we love despite having no one to love us back? Can we fully recover from pain and loss?

We've all lost something or someone, this is life but each person's mental capability to endure the weight of the loss is your strength, but not everyone is strong.

Often we're weary, often we're tired but there will always be hope to get better because even more than the sadness, the pain, the loss is beauty, happiness, and love unimaginable.

King David once asked God to make him see days of joy just as much as he'd seen days of sorrow.

We know there is evil, we know there is death and wickedness and we tend to dwell so much on this that we sometimes forget that there is love too, peace, tranquility, joy. . .yes even in this dark world.

There is light all around you.

We need to look for it and we need to be able to recognize it; beauty in the smiles of your siblings, wanting to go to the toilet and there's just the right amount of tissue paper left, or when you eat a good meal or drink a cold beverage after the sun has dealt with you, or when a child is born or when you're watching your favourite show, or when you do a good deed and you're recognized for it, or listening to your favourite song or when you're desperately tired and suddenly Nepa decided to notice you. It could be anything.

It's in the little things, choose to be happy and watch out for all the bright places or better still, 

Be one yourself.





Inspired by life and the movie 'All the bright places.'

With love from a flower in her garden, 

Taiwolilly✌️

°
°
°
°
°
Drop a comment below if you like it! Support your girl🤗

Comments

  1. It feels great to know that one can always create happiness for oneself and there is always light at the end of the tunnel regardless of one's current situation
    Nice one Tee
    I'm truly inspired by this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and inspiring my dear
    Keep it up, we love you! 💚 And Kenny too🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, though I really appreciate you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi😉

My name is Idowu Taiwo, I'm Nigerian and this is my first blog ever created. Whoo hoo!!😁 Where to start, Oh the pressure!😬 I'm a lot of things: I'm a lover of God, a content creator, a beginner in Digital Marketing (hopefully that'll change soon😁), a photographer, an aspiring author( I actually have written two books). Yay🌼 I also sing together with my sister.🤗 I love reading, I'm actually still an undergraduate and I love the learning experience—come and fight me.🙃 Just joking though, I don't have a fighting bone in my body.😅 I'm a huge movie buff, I love cartoons and I'm a huge advocate of love, true unadulterated love. I'm a calm and collected person who believes in the power of light over darkness. And that's why I do what I do—to spread a little bit of light however way that I can.  I look forward to meeting my lovely viewers and I hope you are too. Good bye! Oh, a kiss before I go yonder. Muah!😘

Prompt 4: Gehenna

Prompt: Pick a name, a place, thing and an emotion and write a short horror story about it. Name: Silas. Place: Gehenna. Thing: A nail. Emotion: Grief. Dedicated to Peculiar Praise❤ ****** There was groaning, wailing and gnashing of teeth. At this point, he was too tired to scream. There was no sense of time here. He didn't know if he's spent a week here or a thousand years. There was no reprieve, no rest and worst of all, there was no water. His tongue had shrivelled up. His mouth felt like sandpaper. He was amid the red and yellow flames, enduring torture for the rest of eternity. The worst part about Gehenna is that you never forget your crimes, but you always remember them. That regret coupled with the toture was enough to make any man mad. Silas used to be a wealthy man, from a well-to-do family. As though that wasn't enough, in his greed he sought for powers beyond him, powers money couldn't buy and ended up signing several binding contracts. One

The Coconut

Brown on the outside but white on the inside. Brown signifies dirt, even more than this is the texture that the coconut bears. It is hard and almost impossible to break without an external force. There is nothing appealing about the appearance of a coconut, but on the inside... On the inside is sweetness, pureness and softness. One entity and yet different from two perspective. A person may seem very hard on the surface, by your standards a very tough wild human being, but he feels too just like you do. In fact, he might be softer than what most might think. Have you ever thought about why he does the things he does, why he's arrogant and acts out? Maybe more than an over inflated ego is a softness, a sore part he's trying to hide. The key is understanding people though it's not always easy, 'cause you need patience and love; two very scarce things these days. I'm not excusing them but I just think, there is a reason for eve