Skip to main content

All the bright places




Words from a lilly.

I know of someone who says that this world isn't balanced. And I agree.

Some struggle to survive while some don't.

Some labour all day long but never have enough and some make money even while asleep. 

'Why is life like this?' you ask.

Well, all stars shine but the brightness of each one differs, even though they are all 'stars'.

All fingers are not equal. Everyone just can't be the same, but that doesn't mean you can't grow.

A gate man today can become the CEO of a renown business tomorrow. The ones mocked today can become the one celebrated in the future.

Life can be messy, so so messy but life can also be beautiful.

Can someone broken be mended? Can a person's broken mind be healed? Can we find our peace despite our tears, can we love despite having no one to love us back? Can we fully recover from pain and loss?

We've all lost something or someone, this is life but each person's mental capability to endure the weight of the loss is your strength, but not everyone is strong.

Often we're weary, often we're tired but there will always be hope to get better because even more than the sadness, the pain, the loss is beauty, happiness, and love unimaginable.

King David once asked God to make him see days of joy just as much as he'd seen days of sorrow.

We know there is evil, we know there is death and wickedness and we tend to dwell so much on this that we sometimes forget that there is love too, peace, tranquility, joy. . .yes even in this dark world.

There is light all around you.

We need to look for it and we need to be able to recognize it; beauty in the smiles of your siblings, wanting to go to the toilet and there's just the right amount of tissue paper left, or when you eat a good meal or drink a cold beverage after the sun has dealt with you, or when a child is born or when you're watching your favourite show, or when you do a good deed and you're recognized for it, or listening to your favourite song or when you're desperately tired and suddenly Nepa decided to notice you. It could be anything.

It's in the little things, choose to be happy and watch out for all the bright places or better still, 

Be one yourself.





Inspired by life and the movie 'All the bright places.'

With love from a flower in her garden, 

Taiwolilly✌️

°
°
°
°
°
Drop a comment below if you like it! Support your girl🤗

Comments

  1. It feels great to know that one can always create happiness for oneself and there is always light at the end of the tunnel regardless of one's current situation
    Nice one Tee
    I'm truly inspired by this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and inspiring my dear
    Keep it up, we love you! 💚 And Kenny too🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, though I really appreciate you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi😉

My name is Idowu Taiwo, I'm Nigerian and this is my first blog ever created. Whoo hoo!!😁 Where to start, Oh the pressure!😬 I'm a lot of things: I'm a lover of God, a content creator, a beginner in Digital Marketing (hopefully that'll change soon😁), a photographer, an aspiring author( I actually have written two books). Yay🌼 I also sing together with my sister.🤗 I love reading, I'm actually still an undergraduate and I love the learning experience—come and fight me.🙃 Just joking though, I don't have a fighting bone in my body.😅 I'm a huge movie buff, I love cartoons and I'm a huge advocate of love, true unadulterated love. I'm a calm and collected person who believes in the power of light over darkness. And that's why I do what I do—to spread a little bit of light however way that I can.  I look forward to meeting my lovely viewers and I hope you are too. Good bye! Oh, a kiss before I go yonder. Muah!😘

Billy

~Your dreams begin to leak into reality. You're afraid to sleep because you're not in control and he wants out~ Dissociative Identity Disorder, that was what they called it. A disorder characterized with the presence of two or more distinct personality traits. One man, different identities. Most people thought he was crazy, he didn't deny it because as a matter of fact he was. They said he was unstable and he didn't blame them because, truthfully, he was. They told him that he was a danger to himself and others, hence why he was locked him up in a mental institution. He didn't blame them. Truthfully, that was where he belonged. It all started when he was twelve. He'd zoned out in class one day after a bully had messed with him. It'd been going on for a long while now and suddenly Ralph had snapped. All he had seen was black and red.  He came to five minutes later with two busted fists.  Though he hadn't understood the events leading up to him regaining c...

A friend in an unlikely place.

Dedicated to Ajibola🌼  Quiet, modest, reserved– these are the words I would use to describe you.  We've known each other for five years, I remembered the first time I got to know you. It was at camp, at an hostel. It was a popular story building having a wide spaced compound. There were about four identical structures in that building. I had gone over there to see a mutual friend, and fellow departmental mate.  It was morning, my sister and I were both sitting outside, by a pole of some sort admiring the sky.  We were so surprised to see you but it was a pleasant surprise. We didn't know we would get to meet anyone else we knew here.  I think you even greeted us first.  You were different from what I had originally thought. This was around 200l. As opposed to being someone who liked to keep to themselves, you were easy to talk to. For the first time, I asked for your name and you told me, AJIBOLA.  I later got to know that other people know you by a d...