Skip to main content

THE TOWER

We're all going up, striving for something,

A better house, better cars, better jobs...

But what really matters the most?

That is the billion dollar question, right?

Why do we do all of these, what is the end point?

We know the end though we don't know _when_ it comes,

But along the way, striving for these things, let us not forget those who love us, those who were there, those we laughed with, those we became stronger with,

This life is indeed vanity but what's more is what comes after our race, 

Will you be the winner of the race or the loser?

Eternity is longer than our mortality,

I can't not make it home after all I've been through here,

So with each floor I climb, I must never forget what lies beyond the top of the tower,

It's either I fall off,

Or I fly beyond,

So, dear reader, what will it be?

Want to fly with me?


From a flower in her garden,


Taiwolilly ✌

.

.

.

.

A/N: It's been so long😣, I'm sorry for the late update. Please do let me know what you think about this short piece.🤗❤

Comments

  1. It's nice. We ought to live with eternity in view. Making sure that all we do is Spirit led and purpose driven.

    I've been waiting for your post. It's good to finally read from you. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ayanfe. I'll be posting frequently now 🤗❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A friend in an unlikely place.

Dedicated to Ajibola🌼  Quiet, modest, reserved– these are the words I would use to describe you.  We've known each other for five years, I remembered the first time I got to know you. It was at camp, at an hostel. It was a popular story building having a wide spaced compound. There were about four identical structures in that building. I had gone over there to see a mutual friend, and fellow departmental mate.  It was morning, my sister and I were both sitting outside, by a pole of some sort admiring the sky.  We were so surprised to see you but it was a pleasant surprise. We didn't know we would get to meet anyone else we knew here.  I think you even greeted us first.  You were different from what I had originally thought. This was around 200l. As opposed to being someone who liked to keep to themselves, you were easy to talk to. For the first time, I asked for your name and you told me, AJIBOLA.  I later got to know that other people know you by a d...

MADE

 Let the rivers of living waters flow and wash it away; wash anxiety, depression, sorrow, darkness. Let us be illuminated by the light of your countenance. The tightness in our chest let it be relieved as we sing your songs and dance your dance. To the one who made humans, to the one who is patient despite our failings to the one person who will never discard us I appreciate, honour and adore. Our lives will have meaning because you are in it. And before we were made, you knew us. As we were secretly woven, piece by piece, hair by hair. You know us each by name. A marvel and a wonder. Let the voices cease, the ones in our heads that deceives us till there's only you. Because your thoughts for our lives are good and not evil to give us a hope and an expected end. For in the image of the great King were we created and so for that reason, I am wonderfully, gloriously and fearfully made. . . . Taiwolilly🌸 Please comment your thoughts down below and subscribe! ❤

Prompt 2: Dakatar

Prompt: Pick a name, a place, thing and an emotion and write a short horror story about it. Name: Dakatar Place: Space. Thing: Shard of glass. Emotion: Despair. Dedicated to Victor Mairo. ****** It was getting hard to breathe. She could feel her body shutting down. She grimaced at the metallic taste in her mouth. "Dakatar! Dakatar!! "Don't you dare give up on me. Wake up!" You're almost there. At the sound of this voice, her eyes fluttered back open. What was that? She slowly turned to her left and then to her right. It sounded closer. Did she hear that right? Suddenly it was quiet, the voices of her teammates slowly faded out. "What was that voice?" She was floating away, with a wire attached to her space suit leading back to the Space Station approximately twenty meters away. The wire was a safety measure put in place to keep her fastened to the ship in the event of an accident. But it serves no purpose if the blast ends...