Skip to main content

Yay♥🥰

 

1,2,3,4,5....24.
How time flies. Tic-Tok goes the clock.
Never stopping, never waiting.
Two decades and four years, that is how long I've been alive.
I've lived 12 whole years...twice.
Who was I at the age of twelve?
Did I even know who Taiwo was then?
I was in JS 3, a very awkward and reserved girl. I had a lot of joy and nothing much bothered me. I didn't have responsibilities to worry about.

I only had to pass my exams and my mother would be impressed. I enjoyed the company of family. 
How simple life was then, at twelve.
Now I've lived twice that now and I've discovered now that there was more beyond life than secondary school.

You know I used to be afraid of growing up. 
One, because I didn't think I could survive as an adult because of my reserved nature.
I felt like I was too timid to be shouldered with important responsibilities. But here I am now.
Would you be proud, 12 yr old me?
I think you would. I think Mummy would, I think Daddy would.
And I hope my brothers and sister are.
My twin.
Happy birthday Kenny. You are the best twin I never would have even thought to ask for.
Let's keep souring high together, you know the stars are merely our beginning.
So let's shine on, together.

WE ARE LIGHT.
.
.
.
Taiwolilly🌼♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt 1: Mykonos

Prompt: Pick a name, a place, thing and an emotion and write a short horror story about it. Name: Lauren Place: Mykonos A thing: Plier Emotion: Confused/Happy (pick any) Dedicated to Monijesu (Phaserprime) ****** She was gone and it's been two days. It's been two days of gut-wrenching anxiety and dread. The usual lively island was gloomy, giving it a rather tense atmosphere. Everybody knew everybody here, that was why when news of the cheery thirty-year-old fashion designer went missing, the whole island panicked. Mykonos was a small Greek island known for its Cycladic structures that often reminded people of the bronze ages. Mykonos was a summer house for the rich, the top percent of the population, a place to relax for vacations or just to get away from all the tension of the busy life that only the rich could relate to. Usually, it wasn't hard to move around here, usually you took a casual walk around town without having to worry about getting stabbed or shot...

A friend in an unlikely place.

Dedicated to Ajibola🌼  Quiet, modest, reserved– these are the words I would use to describe you.  We've known each other for five years, I remembered the first time I got to know you. It was at camp, at an hostel. It was a popular story building having a wide spaced compound. There were about four identical structures in that building. I had gone over there to see a mutual friend, and fellow departmental mate.  It was morning, my sister and I were both sitting outside, by a pole of some sort admiring the sky.  We were so surprised to see you but it was a pleasant surprise. We didn't know we would get to meet anyone else we knew here.  I think you even greeted us first.  You were different from what I had originally thought. This was around 200l. As opposed to being someone who liked to keep to themselves, you were easy to talk to. For the first time, I asked for your name and you told me, AJIBOLA.  I later got to know that other people know you by a d...

MADE

 Let the rivers of living waters flow and wash it away; wash anxiety, depression, sorrow, darkness. Let us be illuminated by the light of your countenance. The tightness in our chest let it be relieved as we sing your songs and dance your dance. To the one who made humans, to the one who is patient despite our failings to the one person who will never discard us I appreciate, honour and adore. Our lives will have meaning because you are in it. And before we were made, you knew us. As we were secretly woven, piece by piece, hair by hair. You know us each by name. A marvel and a wonder. Let the voices cease, the ones in our heads that deceives us till there's only you. Because your thoughts for our lives are good and not evil to give us a hope and an expected end. For in the image of the great King were we created and so for that reason, I am wonderfully, gloriously and fearfully made. . . . Taiwolilly🌸 Please comment your thoughts down below and subscribe! ❤